News from Baghdad

A small spot to describe to a certain extent what it is like for the soldiers here in Iraq. I must remain anonymous as there may be some who would view this as an "official" posting, however, it is not. Just some personal views on the politics and public views in this war that has been to oftentimes tainted by the sensationalism of the media.

Name:
Location: Home, United States

I enjoy my job to the fullest, regardless of the political climate at any particular time. My family and my soldiers are the central focal point of my existence as well as my religious viewpoints.

Friday, November 19, 2004

19 November 2004

This Wife At Home Waiting....

Thanks all of you for your support and prayers for Jay, myself, our family and for this young widow, her children and the families. The comments from my last post meant so much to me, and as soon as this wife is stable and on her feet I intend to show her just how much the American people support her.

I have one hard thing to do today and a letter I read last night from a newspaper article a dear friend clipped for me will make this even harder. I will travel to this soldier home town today for his funeral along with other wives and commrades.

The letter was to this soldier from his wife when she found out he had died. Here is a copy of the letter. I have omitted the names to protect this family…This letter brought me to my knees and tears to my eyes. Please pray that I have the strength to get through this day in one piece.

Deprived by war of a future she had hoped to have, _____ _______was left with memories and a letter to write:

These are her words....

“Wherever you are, honey, please know that I love you with all my heart and soul,” “You never got any rest in Iraq, but now God is going to give you the break you deserve.” “I promise you our children _____, ______, ______ will know who their father was.” “You will always be remembered by me and I will make sure the kids know everything about you,” “I know that if you see them doing something wrong, you will let me know in your own way that something’s wrong.” “I want you to know that I will do everything and try my hardest to raise our kids the best I can.” “I know that you will be watching over them and me, too, but especially the kids.” “You have so many friends and especially family that wish they didn’t have to be here because this day was not supposed to happen yet,” “I can’t get it in my head that you’re gone, honey.” “I know I’m gonna have to face it and try to get passed what happened to you.” “I can’t wait ‘til we are reunited,” “I hope you go in peace.” “I love you, honey and I will miss you, always and for ever.”

Thank you all...Thank you Jay...Thank you to all of our soldiers and the wives that support them and stand with them in this trying time.


"The Loss of A Soldier"

We lost a dear friend today,
we didn't say good bye.
As I stand here and cry,
Why did you have to die?

You left too soon,
you were to young.
You wore DCU's,
you carried a gun.

This Nation of ours,
You worked to defend.
You never did falter,
or stumble or bend.

Yet still just a baby,
you were so strong.
You followed your heart,
and never did wrong.

You fought for our Country,
you stood by it true.
You saluted the flag,
our Red, White, and Blue.

Now as the flag,
flies over your grave.
We sit and we think,
of how you were brave.

We sit and we think,
why was it you?
That had to give all,
for our Red, White, and Blue.

For "Spc. T.A.B." 11/19/2004
Your a true Cav Soldier and
You will long be remembered!
C.S.E. & Your (A co.) Tank Crew

7 Comments:

Blogger pacos_gal said...

I know you can get through this, for you are never alone. I know I cried when I read her letter. Seldom do you get through things like this for yourself, it is usually for others that we all give our best efforts. Today which is going to be hard for so many, his wife will be surrounded by her friends and family of which you are one. You'll remember all the good times and fun you shared together and tomorrow you will all wake up and remember that yes he is gone, but he was loved and this is a precious gift.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart breaks every time I hear of a soldier dying, my husband too is in Iraq. I will pray for this family, he is surely in heaven with his savior now. Grace be given to this family.
Proud wife

8:01 AM  
Blogger Pat in NC said...

May God comfort the families of all those who have given their all or been seriously wounded. I am thankful for the troops willingness to serve in order to protect our nation. May you Thanksgiving be happy.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by counter.bloke.com
Google
http://www.aakz.com/kerry/viewthread.php?tid=6