News from Baghdad

A small spot to describe to a certain extent what it is like for the soldiers here in Iraq. I must remain anonymous as there may be some who would view this as an "official" posting, however, it is not. Just some personal views on the politics and public views in this war that has been to oftentimes tainted by the sensationalism of the media.

Name:
Location: Home, United States

I enjoy my job to the fullest, regardless of the political climate at any particular time. My family and my soldiers are the central focal point of my existence as well as my religious viewpoints.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

2 November 2004

As my wife and I exercised our right to vote and make some small difference in our country today, I was amazed at the sight of so many people out at the poll today. Soldiers and civilians alike. I am glad that we live in a country that allows a form of government to be changed "of the people, by the people and for the people". So many countries today are deadlocked in dictatorship and tyranny. While those people do not have a voice in their future, we, as a free and democratic society are allowed to change things in which we disagree. There were local bill elections, statewide elections and the general presidential election held today, and we were allowed to vote in all. Whether my beliefs are instituted or those of others who may disagree with my political and social views are enacted, I will know that the PEOPLE of America made the change, not any ONE man. I believe and always will believe in God Bless America. Keep her free and strong. Allow her people to always live in freedom and choice, whether those choices are easy or hard. Our forefathers had the insight, intestinal fortitude and forethought to denounce a tyrannical king and to allow the establishment of a government that would allow the maximum ammount of freedoms for the common man, while maintaining civility and social order. While the "norms" have changed over the past 228 years, the ideal of a free society has not. It is my sincerest hope that we continue to exercise our legacy as a free American people, collectively in the choices which guide our country. This is what we as soldiers defend and will never let fall. America, rest easy tonight in the knowledge that whether the candidate of your choice was placed into office or not, that your freedom to choose was, is and will always be protected by those who are willing to do violence on your behalf to protect those freedoms. Till next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by counter.bloke.com
Google
http://www.aakz.com/kerry/viewthread.php?tid=6