News from Baghdad

A small spot to describe to a certain extent what it is like for the soldiers here in Iraq. I must remain anonymous as there may be some who would view this as an "official" posting, however, it is not. Just some personal views on the politics and public views in this war that has been to oftentimes tainted by the sensationalism of the media.

Name:
Location: Home, United States

I enjoy my job to the fullest, regardless of the political climate at any particular time. My family and my soldiers are the central focal point of my existence as well as my religious viewpoints.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

4 November 2004

As I make final preparations for my return to Baghdad, I am sorrowful to leave my loved ones here, however, I am looking forward to returning to my "second family", my fellow soldiers. As we are beginning our downward turn towards re-deployment, I am looking forward to seeing this through and seeing all of us return safely home to our loved ones and friends. I have enjoyed my time with my family, but it is time to "get back to the trenches", and finish what we have started. Right, wrong or indifferent, we still have a duty to perform and a job to complete. Every day that we successfully complete is one day closer to home.

America is great and I have appreciated her more since I have left and been given a taste of what I had been missing. Small things...grass, clouds, rain, thunderstorms, hills, mountains, shopping centers, restaurants, and many other things were enjoyed more since they weren't taken for granted. I don't think that I will ever be able to look upon the Appalachian Mountain Range, the lakes of the midwest, or the plains of Texas ever again in the same light I did before I left. We cannot take such things for granted for they are absent in so many places. We are very fortunate with what we have.

Till next time, God bless America, and you the reader.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

may God be with you and stay safe through your mission.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Sean Dustman said...

Keep your head down and good luck!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godspeed soldier. Thank you for being out there for us. I'll be praying for you.
Susie in California

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay safe! I look forward to your updates.
Connie

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing that we have to get out of ourselves or become one with the desert in order to appreciate that which is around us.My desert experience made me thankful for self,others and all that life has to offer.Be proud in what you and the troops are doing.
Stay safe and be safe and may God guide you and the troops out of harms way.Know that His hand is on your shoulder.
Peace
Will

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the love of my life. Thank you for 2 wonderful weeks, and you are right about taking things for granted. Being in a 3rd world country really makes you think about things we have here in the "Good Old USA". Spending a few years in places like this taught me some lessons as well. I love you with all my heart and soul and thank you for the pride you have in our country, your job and our wonderful family. Finish the mission and hurry back home, we all await your safe return.

Ribit Ribit
Hooply Pooply ;-)

8:57 AM  
Blogger OP said...

Godspeed Jay.

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay,
I am sorry you have to leave your family again. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as you journey back to the battle. Please take care of yourself, and thank you again for the sacrifices you are making for us and for writing to let us know how you are.

Karen in San Diego

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The news tells us that our troups are moving. We are praying for you all, for protection and for success. Be safe. Again thank you all for your service.
Mary Ann from Minnesota

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't for one second, think that you and yours aren't supported by we the people, who are humbly in your debt.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ##NAME##, I was looking for Psychic Spiritual Reading related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a Psychic Spiritual Reading site. You can get an honest and informative reading to help you find your soul mate or lost loved one. You can also get info on numerology and astrology. Check it out when you can :-)

If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by counter.bloke.com
Google
http://www.aakz.com/kerry/viewthread.php?tid=6