News from Baghdad

A small spot to describe to a certain extent what it is like for the soldiers here in Iraq. I must remain anonymous as there may be some who would view this as an "official" posting, however, it is not. Just some personal views on the politics and public views in this war that has been to oftentimes tainted by the sensationalism of the media.

Name:
Location: Home, United States

I enjoy my job to the fullest, regardless of the political climate at any particular time. My family and my soldiers are the central focal point of my existence as well as my religious viewpoints.

Friday, March 18, 2005

18 March 2005

Finally, I am home. The past year's mission is complete. All of my soldiers have arrived back to their loved one's alive and well. We arrived back at Fort Hood on the 16th under a semi-cloudy sky, but with light hearts that the worst storm could not have dampened.

I have been remiss in my postings, however, there are several items that I will be posting in the days ahead to follow up on my January 30th posting. Upon completion of these posts, my writings here will be complete and this blog will be no more. I have received many e-mails from readers supporting not only myself but all the soldiers in the Iraq/Afghanistan theaters of operations, regardless of their political affiliations. Yes, there have been the offhand derrogatory remarks, however, those remarks have not swayed me in my resolve to complete this work. I thank everyone for their support throughout this year; family, friends, and even those who know me not.

God bless each and every one of you for the time that you have spent listening to an old soldier's thoughts on life in a combat zone. Ultimately, God bless America and we all pray, soldier and citizen alike, that one day, may we never be called upon to put young men and women in harm's way, however, if that call comes, the world shall know, that the American soldier is one who will complete the mission, regardless of the risk, regardless of the cost. Our military is rich in heritage and tradition, and that tradition continues today, thanks in part to the courage and honor meted out in the harshest of conditions by our sons and daughters. God bless and until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your service and your fellow soldiers. I retired spec ops and am very personally and professionally involved and support all soldiers in their service to defend America. Any and all life saving gear, equipment and vehicles need to be provided. I will help get any life saving gear to any soldier needing it or not having it. We must protect and provide lifesaving gear and equipment for our soldiers to do their jobs. I am proud of all our soldiers service to America. Thanks for a job well done. David

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by counter.bloke.com
Google
http://www.aakz.com/kerry/viewthread.php?tid=6