News from Baghdad

A small spot to describe to a certain extent what it is like for the soldiers here in Iraq. I must remain anonymous as there may be some who would view this as an "official" posting, however, it is not. Just some personal views on the politics and public views in this war that has been to oftentimes tainted by the sensationalism of the media.

Name:
Location: Home, United States

I enjoy my job to the fullest, regardless of the political climate at any particular time. My family and my soldiers are the central focal point of my existence as well as my religious viewpoints.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

29 January 2005

Once again, I am sorry for my belatedness in my postings. Things have been tight around here and one of the tightest things to be had is time. We all live by time and I feel that 36 hours in a day would not be enough (even though I have had more than one 36 hour day).

I would like everyone to know that I am fine. I have received a couple of disturbing comments on this site, which, whoever you are, I care not one wit. My life is threatened every day I wake up, so this in no wise bothers me. I have been personally targeted on more than one occasion, and came through just fine. You must realize that death is not one of the things that I am afraid of. If God tells me it is time to go, well, then there is absolutely nothing that I can do about it, so why worry? I would have you know, that I am fully capable of handling myself and I have 17 other soldiers at any given time willing to watch my back. In any case, if you are trying to frighten or disuade me in my opinions, go find another person to pick on. Makes no never mind to me.

I have been disheartened this month by the violent killings of innocent people. It has come to the point where now we nearly see more injured and killed local nationals, who are targeted by their own countrymen, than we do soldiers, both American and Iraqi alike. I have a lot of respect for most of the Iraqi soldiers, for they leave their posts, go home, with the very real possibility of never returning to their unit, through no fault of their own. The local national people, however, have no idea when or where it will come. This in itself is an evil which must be wiped from the face of the planet.

Success, however, reigned a few nights ago. I will not go into detail, however, suffice it to say that my men made me proud. Through their observations, we were able to catch and detain a bomber, and found a lot of things that we were able to take off the streets. Those close to me and who know who I am know what I am speaking of. I will not go into it all for security reasons. Yes, the newspapers and CNN reported the unit, however, I shall still remain silent on this point, as there is no use in giving away more than is needed.

Elections are upon us and time is short, so I must close for now. I spent the last 12 hours out and will do it all again tomorrow. God bless each and every one of you and thank you for your support. Even the "trolls" who may wish evil upon me, well, at least you read what I had to say. Oh, and one more thing. Just for you all to know, I do not know who is harassing my wife, but you are wasting your time. I will be HOME in a few short weeks and HOME is where I will stay.

Good night, and again, God bless.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why to go my love..you tell them all..I stand proudly beside you everyday of our marriage and will continue to do so until death do us part. Yes this scares the "HECK" out of me that at any moment I could get a knock on our door, but I will know that you died fighting for what you believe in, keeping us safe and protecting the USA to the upmost of your abilites. I love you with all my heart and soul. Your in God's hands and he will be watching over you and all the guys, as there are millions of people praying not only for you but all soldiers as well.
Your Pooky and loving wife now and forever...CAMMY

3:04 AM  
Blogger pacos_gal said...

I was happy to read that you are doing alright and will be coming home soon. I'm sure your family is thrilled at the prospect of having you safe and sound at home again.

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Staff Sergeant

I have not posted a comment here before but you know that I support you and your wife. I am proud of you and of what you are doing. You have a mission to complete and you will do so in the most honorable way. You have done your duty to your country and to your fellow soldiers. Many do not understand what you and your family have sacrificed to protect our county and our way of life. Pay no heed to those that try to discourage you and your troops for you carry the pride of Americans on your chest. Walk proud young man for we are there with you in spirit. Put a smile on your face and smoke a cigar and think of the time that you will be with your family.

As always…….Keep your head down

Pop

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about someone who spends their time trolling for milblogs to post comments on. That obviously means it's leftist moron. Take care, hope to hear from you sooner then the last time. Especially about how the elections went in your part of Iraq. Cheers, MKL

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you and all the soldiers for your courage and the noble deeds you do. From what I have read Iraqis are showing they are not cowered by the terrorists' cowardly acts. Thank God for people like you, the world needs more.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say that i do not support the Iraq War, but I also do not see you as being a bad person or personally responsible for the action sof our country for participating in it. People who say threatening or abusive things to you, if they are in the name of being against the war, are being very hypocritical. If they are upset about violence its pretty stupid of them to use it against other. Hearing from soldiers is one of the best ways for people on either side of the conflict to understand what is really going on in Iraq. I don;t understand why people would attack you, but I want to say from the point of someone who does not support the war that I still think that is wrong. At this point I think most of us can agree that we want to the troops to come home safely and I hope that will happen soon. I could never deny that someone willing to put themselves in harms way for something they believe is important is much braver than me.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by counter.bloke.com
Google
http://www.aakz.com/kerry/viewthread.php?tid=6