News from Baghdad

A small spot to describe to a certain extent what it is like for the soldiers here in Iraq. I must remain anonymous as there may be some who would view this as an "official" posting, however, it is not. Just some personal views on the politics and public views in this war that has been to oftentimes tainted by the sensationalism of the media.

Name:
Location: Home, United States

I enjoy my job to the fullest, regardless of the political climate at any particular time. My family and my soldiers are the central focal point of my existence as well as my religious viewpoints.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

30 October 2005

The following poem was written by a very good friend of mine, Jordan Wierenga. I wanted to share it with you all. It speaks volumes.

In honor and loving memory of those who gave (and are giving) their lives for our country, and to everyone who died in the September 11th suicide attacks.

Blackberry Summers

Do you remember
Those long summer days
When we were children?
We'd lay in the grass
Smelling the wild flower blooms
And laughing and playing.
We'd taste the juicy oniongrass
The bitter tang of clover leaves on our lips
And, best of all, the wild blackberries
We'd return home stained blue-purple head to toe
But we never cared
It was alright as long as we were together
And we grew year after year
Suddenly, those long summer days turned shorter and shorter
We did not have all that time together anymore
But still we tried so hard
And we fell in Love.
Then one day you were gone
Called to War overseas
I remember crying and screaming at you
But you stood there so strong and calm
Refusing to be hurt by my sorrow
But I saw it in your face, saw your fear and love
And I kissed youAs a tear slid down your cheek and mingled with mine
No, no, no...you can't you, YOU CAN'T!
And then I was alone
I'd lay in our meadow
Thinking of you
Missing your gentle embraces
Your soft kisses
Your long letters of love
Then One end of summer eve
Coming home from our meadow
Cheeks stained blue with juice like old times
Times long forgotten now
I got a letter from the army
This is it! I thought
You were coming home at last!
I rushed to the privacy of my room
And opened the envelope hastily
Ignoring the running blood from my newly slit palm
I dropped the letter opener softly on my blankets
I stood up in eagerness
And read with joy!
And then I stopped
The letter slipping from my grasp
As I learned you were never coming home
You were stained, too
Not with the sweet juice of our childhood
But with blood
So much blood
I fell to the ground and heard something crack
But I did not feel it, for what was left for me to feel?
A tear fell from my eye
Just oneI did not mind
As far as I cared
I was dead
Like you
But if I was dead, where were you?
You were gone
Just like the long days of summer
You were gone

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Jay ,

Wat een mooi blog heb je hier! Succes ermee!

Groetjes Albert financieringen
Van Leeuwenhoek Lyceum, Hoofddorp.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over two hundred years old?
hydrocodone side effects

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site, I am bookmarking it!Keep it up!
With the best regards!
David

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this place, where people can leave their ideas and opinions, it's great!With the best regards!

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool place you have here . I'm learning all I can about quick loan.
I've also got a place that talks about quick loan and other related things. Come take a look.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your blog about mortgage new york - as it is along the same lines I thought I would share this link with you. We were paying far too much for family things like clothes for us and the kids, games consoles inc the new Wii and soon to be PS3, car insurance/home insurance/pet insurance, broadband, mobile phones, landline calls, home and garden items, camping equipment and utilities/loans etc - you name it, we were spending too much on it.

Then a friend of mine recommended a site called www.bargainplace.co.uk. We were able to get cheaper electricity, gas, mobile phone, broadband and loan deals at bargainplace. Thanks to my friend (and the site) I am saving something like £100 a month and can afford an extra holiday abroard each year. Booked of course on www.bargainplace.co.uk. Thanks bargainplace ;-) !!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog....now...ADVICE TIME!! - If you need more cheap web site traffic then congratulations I've come to the right place, try cheap web site traffic - this is the best place online to get massive volumes of internet traffic back to your blog for blog publicity purposes. Within a week I had trippled my volume of traffic - Signup is free and before you know it you will flying up the Google search egine - guaranteed!! - Signup is free you have nothing to lose. Best of luck with it and continued success with your blog!!

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

free houses wanted petite annonce

9:22 AM  
Blogger alex said...

One hundred! said the auctioneer, scarcely enough to atenolol pay for the maps.. Does he acyclovir know you've got this one? Yes, and he's been blowing round town that he is waiting to pick me up on the road some day and make my five hundred dollars look like a pewter quarter.. Disagreeable family relations had made the neurontin boy nervous.. But I was troubled lyrica none the less.. After a pause he added, delicately: But were these attentions--er--confined to--er---sacred precincts? Did he meet you elsewhere? lexapro Useter pass our house on the road, returned the girl, dropping into her monotonous recital, and useter signal.. The bargain was made, tramadol and Mr.. The mention of this aspirin dish brings my own childhood and that of my child's near together.. I identified my friend Otto with a certain Baron vioxx L.. Such people are called ideal masochists, if they seek codeine pleasure not in the bodily pain which may be inflicted upon them, but in humiliation and in chastisement of the soul.. You boys can stay to supper and have some of the prozac chicken if you help catch them.. And with as much voice as he could summon, he called out: Whoa! and ambien the horse stopped.. ] [Footnote 8: The Cambridge History of American Literature , Vol. phentermine. For my part, ma'am, she continued, turning to Mrs. prozac. The flonase unconscious is the larger circle which includes within itself the smaller circle of the conscious; everything conscious has its preliminary step in the unconscious, whereas the unconscious may stop with this step and still claim full value as a psychic activity.. You (to defendant's counsel) will have your opportunity to atenolol reply later...

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Balance of Power - Guns
-------------------------

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=balanceofpowerdw4.png

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by counter.bloke.com
Google
http://www.aakz.com/kerry/viewthread.php?tid=6